viernes, 26 de marzo de 2010

Mr Brazil Makes First Foray Overseas to Compete




By J.R. Breen
Contributing Writer

Six days after he was crowned Mr Brazil, Jonas Sulzbach, 24, made his first ever overseas trip, and flew across the world to Incheon, South Korea.

Sulzbach arrived in Korea after his 29-hour, long-haul flight on March 12th for the Mr World 2010 competition, where he is one of 74 contestants vying to be ``the world's most desirable man,'' who will be named this Saturday in a finale presented by British pop star Alesha Dixon.

On Tuesday evening Sulzbach won the ``Top Model'' position at a charity fashion show put on by designer Andre Kim. 

``I am very happy to be named Mr World top model, and I think my chances for the final are good,'' he said. ``It is an honor to be in a fashion show with Andre Kim.''

His victory in this part of the overall competition assured him an automatic pass to the last 15 in the final this Saturday.

``I am hoping to win, but if I don't I will be happy, I will return to Brazil and I am scheduled to be a judge for Miss Brazil,'' he said. ``Also, as one of the prizes for winning Mr Brazil, I am going to Canada in May for the Brazilian Carnival Ball.''

Born in Lajeado, Brazil, with German roots, Sulzbach grew up in a modest family, he said.

He is one year into a nutrition course at UCS Universitade, Caxias do Sul, and said that he wants to enter his father's personal training business, after five years of modeling.

``I want to expand and develop my father's business,'' he said. 

When asked what he thinks the judges are looking for in a Mr World, he said, ``I am not sure what these judges are thinking but in Mr Brazil it was very important to be yourself, they are looking for someone who is true to themselves.

``I am just going to be myself.''

Sulzbach mentioned some of his qualities that he thinks will impress.

``I am always smiling, also my mother taught me discipline and to be focused in everything I do,'' he said. ``I am a chilled out guy, always happy.''

Sulzbach has taken one year out of his studies to do some modeling and travel around Brazil, he has been involved with big-name brands, including underwear brand Lupo, and has been on the front cover of the Brazil edition of Men's Health, the world's largest men's magazine brand, with 12 million readers monthly.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario